|Romaji||Megumin no Taan|
|Pages|| 313 (Japanese)|
|Release Date|| June 28, 2014 (Japanese)|
June 18, 2019 (English)
|• Volume Chronology•|
Megumin's Turn! (めぐみんのターン, Megumin no Taan) is the first volume of the Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Bakuen wo! light novel series.
Set two years before the beginning of the main series, this novel follows Megumin and Yunyun's time as students in the Crimson Demon village's school. As a child, Megumin is saved from a black beast by a big-breasted woman using Explosion magic, which later serves as her own inspiration to learn the high-power spell. The beast is shrunken by the woman and becomes a small cat, which is later adopted by Megumin and nicknamed Chomusuke. In school, Megumin and Yunyun are repeatedly competing with one another to be the best student, with the former hoping to raise enough Skill Points to learn Explosion magic.
- Chapter 1: Crimson-Eyed Wizards
- Chapter 2: Lonely Master of the Crimson Magic Clan
- Chapter 3: Guardians of the Crimson Magic
- Chapter 4: The Thing that Sleeps in the Home of Crimson Magic
- Chapter 5: Prelude of the Explosion Maniac
- Interlude: Last Scene
- Short Story: Komekko's Sugar Daddy
- Short Story: Taking my First Step on the Path to Explosions